Fish may not be the most obvious protein to use in this Mexican dish, but there’s something about these Tilapia nachos (loaded with pickled jalapenos and pepper jack cheese) that we just can’t get enough of.
Black Bean Tilapia Nachos
- 4 Regal Springs Tilapia fillets cut into pieces
- 1 bag black bean tortilla chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) corn charred
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos sliced into rounds
- 1 cup red onions diced
- 2 cups tomatoes (small) diced
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese grated
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 avocados diced
Preheat an oven to 350ºF.
Line an oven-safe tray with aluminum foil and spread tortilla chips evenly across it.
Layer corn, jalapeños, onion, tomatoes and cheese over the chips.
Place the tray in the oven for 8–10 minutes.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the butter and Tilapia. Cook on each side for 2 minutes, then reduce heat to medium and add chipotle sauce and lime juice.
Remove nachos from the oven and place cooked Tilapia pieces evenly on top. Spoon some of the butter from the sauté pan on top, if desired. Garnish with avocado.
Calories are per serving.
Looking for more dinner inspiration? Browse our fresh and flavorful Tilapia recipes.