After a long, hard day, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. That’s why baked Tilapia dinner recipes are so great—not only are they delicious and healthy, but they’re super easy to make. All you have to do is throw some ingredients together, put them in the oven and relax with a glass of wine as your Tilapia bakes. For the best flavor, we always recommend Fresh Tilapia from Honduras and Mexico, Frozen Tilapia from Costco or any Frozen Tilapia from Indonesia or Mexico. These four recipes are some of our favorites, so feel free to give them a try.
Baked Tilapia with Herb Butter
This Food Network recipe is tasty yet light. With only seven ingredients (some of which you may already have in your vegetable garden), this healthy Tilapia recipe is sure to be a go-to for busy nights when you barely have time to cook.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or basil
- 8 ounces (4 cups) sliced mixed mushrooms
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-ounce Tilapia fillets
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, mix the tarragon or basil with the butter until well combined.
- Cut four large pieces of foil and lay them out on the counter. Layer the vegetables on the foil, starting with the mushrooms, then celery, then scallions. Brush a bit of the herb butter on the vegetables (make sure you use no more than half the mixture in total) and season each portion with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the Tilapia fillets on the vegetables and brush them with the remainder of the herb butter. Sprinkle the Tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Bring the foil ends together around the Tilapia to make four separate sealed packets. Place the Tilapia and vegetable packets on a baking sheet and bake for 18–22 minutes.
- Remove the packets from the oven and let sit for two minutes. Open the packets, transfer the Tilapia and vegetables to a plate and drizzle with the juices that remain in the foil. Serve and enjoy!
Baked Parmesan Tilapia
Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you away. This baked Tilapia recipe from Regal Springs is incredibly easy to make, and includes a side salad you can prepare while the Tilapia is baking. A twist on a classic favorite, this fish dish will have you hooked.
- 16 ounces Regal Springs Tilapia fillets
- 6 ounces breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Serrano chiles
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces bell pepper, green
- 2 ounces bell pepper, yellow
- 2 ounces bell pepper, red
- 3 ounces eggplant
- 2 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 4 ounces yellow onion, julienned
- 5 ounces avocado
- 4 ounces spinach
- ½ ounce mint leaves
- ½ ounce fennel
- 3 ounces lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon hazelnut oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté green, red and yellow peppers along with eggplant, mushrooms, onion and avocado in olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix cilantro, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Serrano chiles, garlic, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Beat eggs in shallow bowl. Dip each Tilapia fillet into the beaten eggs, shake off excess and cover Tilapia with the breadcrumb mix. Place the fillets onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake them for 10–12 minutes or until fillets are tender and flaky.
- In a bowl, add lime juice, brown sugar, grated ginger, salt and pepper. Add soy sauce. Whisk while drizzling the hazel nut oil. To make it thicker, add olive oil.
- Toss spinach, mint leaves and fennel with the vinaigrette. That’s it!
Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia
This lemon garlic Tilapia recipe from allrecipes has just six ingredients and can be prepared in only five minutes. Lemon and garlic are both fresh summer flavors that really accentuate the taste of the fish. Skip takeout tonight and try this healthy Tilapia recipe instead.
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking dish with butter, oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse the Tilapia fillets under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the Tilapia in the baking dish, pour the lemon juice over the fillets and then drizzle the melted butter on top. Sprinkle the fish with the garlic, parsley and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake the Tilapia in the oven until the Tilapia is white and flakes easily, which should take about 20–25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Big Daddy’s Blackened Tilapia
If you like your dinners with a kick of Cajun spice, then you’re sure to love this baked Tilapia recipe adapted from the Food Network. Paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper and thyme are just some of the spices that make this healthy blackened Tilapia recipe a winner.
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place all the spices together in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush it with oil. Rinse the Tilapia under cold water and pat dry. Place on the baking sheet and brush the Tilapia with oil.
- Rub both sides of the Tilapia fillets with the seasoning mixture. Place in the oven and cook until nicely brown and flaky, about 10–11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze the lemon over the Tilapia, serve and enjoy!
Keeping a list of easy, healthy Tilapia recipes is a great way to help you manage your schedule and your health during a busy week. Pick up some frozen Regal Springs Tilapia from Safeway, Costco or one of its other distributors to have on hand so you can make any of these delicious dishes in a snap.
Photo Credits: naD Photos / Shutterstock Inc., RoJo Images / Shutterstock Inc., Food Network, svry / Shutterstock Inc., Darryl Brooks / Shutterstock Inc.